Pharmaceutical Spray Dryer, PHARMASD™ (PSD)
Available from GEA Process Engineering Inc
A new series of GEA Niro spray dryers dedicated to the pharmaceutical industry. The new dryers, named PHARMASD™ have been designed using standard modules that incorporate all the required features necessary for cGMP production in the environment of a pharmaceutical plant.
The PSD dryers either use hot air or nitrogen as drying gas. Nitrogen is used when drying non-aqueous compounds. The dryers can be designed for drying of a wide range of compounds that are based on acetone, methylene chloride, ethanol, and other organic solvents. The drying process and product characteristics vary greatly, depending on the solvent used.
PHARMASD™ DESIGN OPTIONS
- Equipment for closed cycle operation
- Facilities for hot gas sanitisation
- Specially designed pharmaceutical flanges for duct connections
- Construction materials meeting FDA requirements
- HEPA filters for gas streams
- Special air disperser design
- Swirl cone for chamber access - no chamber door with risk for contamination
- CIP equipment
The PSD range of pharmaceutical dryers extends from the PSD-1 with a nominal drying gas rate of 80kg/hr up to the PSD-7 with a nominal drying gas rate of 4,000 kg/hr.