Filling & Packaging Systems
Available from IEDCO - Industrial Equipment and Design Company
If you manufacture products using powders, it may mean that one or more of your ingredients comes to you in large bulk bags (big bags, super sacks, FIBC’s) of varying sizes. This means that you are faced with having to address the following challenges:
- Getting the product from the process to the filling system.
- Filling the package to the required accuracy.
- Dealing with product settling to de-aerate the material and permit an efficient fill.
- How to best handle the filled package (i.e. by roller conveyor, forklift, pallet jack or some other means) and designing the fill station to accommodate this method of handling.
- Filling the package in a contained manner so that neither the operator nor the surrounding area is exposed to dust.
- Handling of the filled packages in the most efficient and ergonomically acceptable way.